Saturday 22 October 2011

Fried Rice With Turmeric Powder

I have cooked fried rice with bits of meat and mixed vegetables. However, I have not tried one that is color yellow. While I was attending an orientation, I happen to sit along a lady that was eating fried rice that was coloured yellow. I told her that it looked very attractive to eat and if I could learn how to make it, maybe my kids will like to eat it too.

I was given the instruction on how to prepare it and I was told that I only needed turmeric powder to make the yellowish appearance. I went to the grocery store and got a container of turmeric powder.

I woke up early one Saturday morning and prepared breakfast for my wife and 3 kids. I did not think they all liked it very much though. But eating small servings of what I served is enough to make me feel they appreciated my effort.



Following is a photo of my version of the fried rice.


No comments:

Post a Comment