Monday 1 September 2008

Our Nikon D40X

I enjoy taking pictures whenever we go visit different places. We would never leave the house during weekends without bringing a camera. We have a Sony T7 point and shoot camera that we have used for almost 2 years now. It was very light and compact. It was very handy and we were satisfied with the quality of photos that it captures. But that was when we were taking pictures of still subjects. When we were into shooting moving objects, we were dismayed on the speed of the camera. Although you can make adjustment so that you can capture the moving subject, most of the time the picture is out of focus. Thanks to my lovely and generous wife we now own a Nikon D40x, a digital SLR. She said it was as her gift for me. It is not the top of the line but will be enough for beginners like me. Now I am able to take pictures of fast moving subjects and still get it focused. It however cannot take videos only still pictures. My problem now is how to learn and use all the features of the camera and the proper handling as well as you may notice in the picture below that I was not holding it properly.


No comments:

Post a Comment