Tuesday 30 September 2008

My AT&T Friends

I missed my days working at AT&T. I was in a very small group composed of system testers, an integration manager, an office manager and business processing analysts. We were a total of 13 initially but there were resignations and new hires from time to time. During my stay for about 1 1/2 years I became close to 2 colleagues Ton and Robert. We were almost inseparable. We would eat dinner, lunch or snacks together. Since we are working hand in hand with the company laboratory in the US, if someone would sometimes be required to do night shifts the other two would most often change shift as well. It was a very solid group through thick and thin.

It was late 2007 when Ton got a good offer from another company that we all thought could be an advancement because the company offers training new technologies. The following year, I got my Canadian VISA so I had to leave on the company. Only Robert stayed and the three of just communicate by chat or e-mails from time to time. I just realized we have no photo wherein the 3 of us are together (Does that mean we are not really a solid group? Joke Only!) so, I just uploaded the company logo.

Last week I got an e-mail from Ton that she was rehired by AT&T. For some reasons she decided to go back as the company she transferred is not as good as she thought it was. So now they are working together again. I do miss the group and how I wish I could also go back to join them. I guess I can only meet with them when I get a chance to fly back home. I hope it will be soon.

Take care my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment