Wednesday 13 January 2010

H1N1 Shot

H1N1 seems to be old news. There are no more reports or news for quite some time. Although this is the case, the government of Canada is still campaigning that everyone should get the shot just to be safe. These ads can be seen on television, newspapers and even on subway trains. We had a chance to meet our family physician yesterday. This is the very first time I saw a doctor here in Canada. If it weren’t for the kids I probably would not see one. When the doctor asked about the vaccines our kids had, we told her that they are up to date before they migrated here. We then asked if it was necessary to have the H1N1 shot since it does not seem dangerous. We were told it is up to us but it is recommended. So we finally decided to get it since we are already there. My wife and I got the full dose and the kids had the half doses. It is better to be safe than sorry, that is what I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment