Saturday 15 November 2008

Portraits From Canada's Past

Painting has been one of my frustrations. I got a chance to pass by Islington Village in Etobicoke ON and was able to take photos of the murals painted on the walls or sides of the building. How I wish I could paint something as good as these. I probably could do it on a sheet of bond paper and colored pencils but definitely not on canvass or walls as big as shown on the pictures. Besides, it surely took them days or maybe weeks to complete. I am very impatient and I would like to finish things as quickly as I can. That is why I seldom use water color because I have to wait until one color dry before using another otherwise the colors will mix.



Following is a link for those who are interested for more photos.

Portraits from Canada's Past

For more information about the murals, check the Mosaic page of the site below:

Village of Islington

No comments:

Post a Comment