Tuesday 10 June 2014

I Wonder Where I Can Bring My Bike For Repair...

Two summers ago, I bought a pre-owned bike for $30. It was posted at Kijiji and the photo of the bike looked nice. So I e-mailed the seller and made an appointment. I went to the sellers location right away because to me it was a good deal. Then a very funny thing happened next. The person who answered the door was wearing a very short shorts. I guess I paid more attention to her legs than the bike I was going to buy (LOL). I was told that I can test ride it but I said it looks okay. I paid for the bike and brought it home. When I was riding the bike, I heard a noise near the rear wheel. Only then that I realized that there were some spoke that were broken and the rim was not aligned. In effect the tire is hitting the frame. I have googled for a bike repair shop near our place in Etobicoke but could only find stores more than 40 kilometers away. They are also charging $25 at least which is almost the price I paid for the bike. I may be better off buying another pre-owned bike and hopefully I would not get distracted by a lady seller wearing shorts. Lesson learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment