Tuesday 10 June 2014

Aputure Amaran Halo AHL-HN100 LED Macro Ring Flash Light 95 CRI for Nikon

Having a little to spend on camera gadgets, I always go to my favorite online stores to look for discounted products, luckily for me Miniinthebox was offering 15% discount for purchases above $40. So I added my sought after camera gadget into my cart and went to the checkout page. The discount plus a coupon for $4 enabled me to get the "Aputure Amaran Halo AHL-HN100 LED Macro Ring Flash Light 95 CRI for Nikon F951" (which usually sells for around $60) for only $46.73. It even included free expedited shipping. The item arrived in our doorstep in less than 3 business days. I could have been so happy if not for the $22 import duties and taxes that I had to pay. I have ordered so many items before and I never had to pay these taxes. Apparently, it depends on how the item is declared. And because it was declared as electronics, I had to pay it. I sent the seller an e-mail stating that they should have something in the payment page that would warn users about import duties. I also told them that I could have paid less if I bought it locally. Their reply did say they have it in their web site and it was just in another page. Maybe because I have been their customer for a long time, they were nice enough to reimburse me half of the taxes I paid ($11) which made me feel better.
I have an idea on how to use it. However, I still need to start reading the manual to learn how to properly use it. I can already imagine my wife telling me "ROI, ROI, ROI...". It means (Return on Investment) I have to be able to maximize the usage so that it is a money well spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment