Wednesday 1 October 2008

Food That Are Good For The Eyes

I am always in front of the computer working and if not at the office I am browsing the internet, playing games or researching. These can take a toll on my eyes. I am not getting any younger and I feel that my eyes are not as good 5 years ago. I sometimes have to move the thing I am reading farther away before I can read it

Aside from changing bad habits like reading when it is dark, insufficient rest or too much staring at the computer, I need to eat lots of food that are good for my eyes. The following food seems to be best in ensuring that all that time spent staring at a 17 inch screen doesn’t wear my eyes out. I got it from an e-mail that was written by Laura Milligan


1. Strawberries: As with the other fruits on this list, strawberries help your eyesight. If you’re glaring at your computer all day or just enjoy watching a lot of TV, you’re going to need all the help you can get. Eating strawberries has also been linked to preventing cancer.

2. Carrots One cup of chopped carrots will give you six times your recommended daily value of Vitamin A. They improve eyesight, especially in the dark. Rumor has it that carrots will also make your eyes sparkle.

3. Smoothies: Smoothies made with real fruit are a tasty, filling way to take in a significant amount of fruits. You’ll feel like you’re indulging in a naughty snack, but you’re not. Find a Smoothie King near you!

4. Flaxseeds: If you’ve been working or studying all day, your eyes are probably feeling a little dried out. Flaxseeds help prevent dry eye syndrome, allowing you to feel fresh even after a hard day.

No comments:

Post a Comment