Wednesday 7 March 2012

One Hundred Peso - ARROVO Bills...

While preparing my documents and money that I will bring back to the Philippines, I came accross several Philippine 100 peso bills that I have kept for more than 5 years. These are part of approximately 1,000 error notes were released into circulation. Apparently, in an attempt to save money in printing the bank notes, Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP) outsourced the printing to an unnamed French Security printer. Unfortunately, the outsourced 100-piso notes (Pick 194c) delivered to the BSP bore President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo’s surname misspelled as “Arrovo.”


I actually have at least 20 pieces of this. I only heard about the issue after I spent ten of them. I gave some to my relatives and saved at least 3 for myself. several years ago it fetched for as high as 2,000 pesos in eBay and I am not sure if there are still some notes out there. I read that these erroneous bills are being retired as soon as it reaches the banks but they remain legal tender in the Philippines.

I might hold on to it as it's value might get higher over time .

No comments:

Post a Comment